Thursday, July 13, 2006

Just wasn't meant to be....

I wrote this post Thursday morning. I didn't post it because as your reading you will see I wanted to post some pictures but I have been unable to. I'm going to go ahead and post it without the pictures anyway....some of it you have already read but....

Hi all, I know I promised a post last night, but I had just sat down to the computer was checking email, got an email off and boom....no power...at first I was like....uh-ho I did pay my bill??!!...yes I paid my bill...just lost power....that was at 830 or so....I sat here for awhile in the dark and finally went to bed at 900. I have no idea what time it came back on but thank God it did.

A lot has been going on but yet not really. Been busy at work, as usual. Monday night I was running around getting a care package together for Mike and Tuesday night I was out getting the "final" things I wanted to get. I "finally" got it in the mail yesterday. It is such a good feeling getting a box out to him. He always says he doesn't need anything but I just listen and as we're talking I start a list. He has some surprises in this one I hope he enjoys them.

I've received some emails from Mike's family introducing themselves to me. It really is nice to meet them, even tho it's through email. Thank you all for thinking of me. I can't wait to meet each & everyone of you! I am flying out to visit his parents and his brothers family next week, so just a heads up I probably won't be posting everyday but then again you never know. I am so excited about the visit. I really have gained new friends and a new family. They are wonderful people. It always make a "new" relationship easier if the family accepts you. I can't wait for Mike to get back so he can meet my family as well. He has met my older sister, Sheri, but she is the only one.

I would like to share a picture my son Brady sent me on my phone the other day. Things like this are always so much more special when they come out of the blue. Like the flowers sent...yes I'm still gloating....I love surprises and again especially if they are for "just because"...

For those of you that don't know (I was surprised, Mike didn't know) this means "I LOVE YOU". I guess you can imagine how I felt when I got it. This is something Brady & I have always done as he was leaving the house going back to college. I would be in the driveway and he would be driving away and we would be giving the signal... Yes Mike I got teary eyed!!!! LOL

Brady is doing very well in California. He is loving and living life to it's fullest. I continue to be amazed and proud of him. There are a lot of times I'm talking to him and I still can't believe he is MY son. Yes I'm bragging!!!! I am just so lucky he is the kind of person he is. Mike's son met him a couple of weeks ago and he fell in love with Brady. It was cute. Brady had a visitor in California last week. His girl Jessica. She is adorable. I love her. I have always thought they make a really cute couple. They both have the same zest for life. She is actually leaving in October, with a girlfriend of hers, for two months to backpack across Europe! Kids today amaze me. When I was there age, well first of all, I was pregnant, but I never dreamt I could do anything of the sort. And of course for those of us who are older understand they need to do these things now....or they would regret it later in life if they didn't...well I was going to post a pic of Brady & Jess but of course I am unable to. For whatever reason. Hopefully later.

I LOVE YOU Brady!!!! I LOVE YOU Jess!!!! I LOVE YOU Mike!!!!

No comments: