Thursday, August 24, 2006

Survivor Fans.....

Ok Survivor fans....
Do you or do you not agree with how the four teams will be separated? If you haven't heard; the teams will be separated by race. I myself don't have a problem with it. Everyone seems to be in an uproar about it, saying there is enough segregation in the world already. I kid you not, this was all over the morning news this morning! Come on people it's a REALITY SHOW! Do I watch it, yes, I love it. I started watching it mid way through the first season and I haven't missed a show and I will be sure to watch this one. My point, isn't there more important things going on in the world right now? If my memory serves me correctly there is a war going on right now as I type...I think it's in a place called Iraq. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Unfortunately on this evening news, this was the biggest story, another local sailor has been lost in Iraq. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I always get so upset when I hear this type of news. Not only because of Mike, but because of all of our servicemen & women serving day-in and day-out. Thank you to each & everyone of you.

Mike has once again moved back to FOB Speicher. He has mixed feelings about being back. One good thing is , he finally has a room by himself. I'm sure his normal work day will start right off the bat tomorrow morning. He will have a lot of training with the new group that has arrived. So I'm sure the level of our communication will drop, which will be hard but I definitely understand. He has a job to do and I know he will contact me when he is able.

I hope all is going well for everyone.

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!

2 comments:

obgirl042 said...

Hi Kym -

Just wanted to touch base and see how things were going for you (though, I know a bit since I keep reading the blog!) :) I also wanted to say thank you for posting the news about the lost sailor, news I wouldn't have heard since I'm over here on the other coast. I read the article from your post and noticed that he was originally from Michigan, my home state. I know each time I hear of any lost US service member my thoughts go out to their families, but it always makes me pause more when you read their names and bits of personal history. As with you, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone serving and for all of their families back home. This, of course, includes you. I hope you continue to be well and stay busy!

By the way, how are the smoke-free days going? That's a thing to be proud of in any case, but under already stressful circumstances, I must say I am even more proud of your resolve!

Stay well!
Colleen

Unknown said...

Yay, Survivor! Soon I can begin feeding my reality TV addiction.

If the contestants are offended by the racial split, they're welcome to walk off the show. If not, then they should compete. And those offended should not watch.

They already had men vs. women last season. Nobody complained (that loudly). It's not much different.

My prediction is next season the'll do a gay vs. straight Survivor. And the immunity challenge will be a fashion show.