Saturday, December 16, 2006

Parties & Concerts

The Command Christmas Party was last night and I had a wonderful time. I almost didn't go for a lot of different reasons but I am so glad I did. There are about 350 people at the Command so it's impossible to "know" everyone. It's funny because you can walk down the hallways and say Hi to someone 50 times a day, but you have no clue who it is or what they do. I was able to actually "meet" a lot of these folks last night. It was kinda funny because a friend of mine, Ed said he had heard I was there and I said Oh yea, he said yea someone told him "Kym the contractor was "bouncing" around" talking to everyone. I have never been accused of bouncing around before....made me laugh!

Mike was able to attend the Carrie Underwood concert yesterday, actually last night for him, I think he was surprised to have truly enjoyed the concert. He said she has a beautiful voice. I have seen her perform on the Today show and have heard her on the radio; I'm not surprised he liked it; he definitely has an appreciation of different types of music.

I can't believe Christmas is only a week away...mind you I'm not complaining....getting closer and closer to that date on the "Surprise" counter!!!!

Hope all is well for everyone...

I do LOVE YOU MIKE!

1 comment:

obgirl042 said...

OMG I can't believe Christmas is a WEEK away...I'm totally unprepared! I guess it took reading it to have it sink in! I am glad you got to go the Christmas party...we've missed ours for the past three years now...so I'm looking ahead to hopefully next year! :) How are things? I hope well...and I'm sure you're getting ready for R&R! I'll email off-post to catch up, but just wanted to say "hello"

Take care,
Colleen