Wednesday, January 10, 2007

GREAT news!!!

My mother called and received the results from her surgery....She is cancer free! What they found was a "hair follicle tumor". The doctor said it was something he has never seen. At least it's nothing to worry about at this point. Now we only have to worry about my grandmother and make sure she takes her medicine to keep her blood pressure down.

I still have not heard about my contract.............UGH!!!! I have been getting more & more tasks though, so that is a good sign.

This is the time of year I dislike the most especially in Virginia. You NEVER know what kind of weather you're going to get. The saying goes like this..."if you don't like the weather right now, just wait 5 minutes because it will change!" That is soooo true! Last weekend we had rainy days with temps in the 65-70 range, yes it is Jan....this week the temps have slowly started creeping down....tonight we are supposed to dip into the mid 20's...during the day it's been 40-50 but sunny...this is the type of weather you would expect for Jan...well this weekend guess what?...that's right, it's supposed to be rainy again with temps 65-70....UGH........when will I ever be able to wash my car again!!!!

Mike has said it's been very cold there. Actually it's been colder there then it is here. Seems funny to say it's colder in the desert....They have also been having a lot of rain. He has said when the sand gets wet, it is just plain nasty.

Some other good news...Brady has finally got a job with Enterprise. He is going to be in their Manager Program. It's going to be a lot different than what he is used to since this will be his first "real" job. I'm happy for him. He will still be doing work for Mike (his room mate) but I'm sure once he gets started with Enterprise, that will slow down because supposedly he will be working around 50 hrs a week. It's going to be interesting. :>)

One more thing I've been meaning to pass along...I have added another link under "Navy Bloggers." The Sandbox - Military Blog I find this blog to be very interesting. It gives us a more in depth look at what our military are going through from all over. Take a look!

Well nothing much else.....I hope all is well with everyone.....I can't wait to share with everyone what the counter "It's a Secret" is, not much longer now!

I LOVE YOU MIKE!

1 comment:

obgirl042 said...

Kym, I am so happy for you and your mom - that is great news!!!

Colleen