Monday, May 08, 2006

Here we go.....


This is where our journey begins.....

I drove to Waldorf, MD Thursday to see Mike before I headed over to Harrisonburg for Brady's graduation. He is there to attend training at Indian Head. We had a wonderful time! Mike surprised me by taking me to Washington DC. We have often talked about going, but time just got away. It was the best surprise ever. Definitely makes you understand even more why Mike is so proud of what he is about to endure. It was a very quick tour because it was only open until 1000 pm and we didn't get there until about 700 pm. We were able to see the Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, The Washington Monument, The Wall and the new World War II Memorial. What a beautiful memorial!! We have made a promise that when he returns we are going to take a weekend & go again. There is just so much more to see. We got a ton of pics and had a WONDERFUL time.

I left Waldorf Friday morning and headed over to Harrisonburg, VA for Brady's graduation. I still can't believe I am the mother of a James Madison University graduate. For those of you who know me best, you know my favorite saying... I am too damn young to have a son that old!!!! Where did the time go? I have never been prouder than I was Saturday. That boy is my life.

I left shortly after graduation to go see Mike again. I was the road warrior this weekend... I saw parts of VA & MD I had never seen before....it really is a beautiful country we live in. Worth protecting.....We had a really nice dinner and packed up his stuff. It was tough seeing him pack up knowing it was going to be a VERY long time before I see him again. He left the hotel about 345 am Sunday morning. NOT a good feeling. I have never felt so alone especially when I went back up to the hotel room....Way, way, way too quiet...Thank god for cell phones. He arrived in SC about 130-200 and didn't have much time to do anything because they started their training as soon as they got there. He called me about 900 pm and they were just getting done. It's going to be a long 2 weeks. But he is full of anticipation and excitement. We were both ready for this to get started...because the sooner he left the sooner he will be back home. It's going to be a long trying year but I believe it will makes us stronger. If God didn't think we could handle it, he wouldn't have given us the challenge, right?

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. And know that he is a proud "Solider" and is anxious to do his part on the War on Terrorism.

No comments: