Friday, May 12, 2006

Just another day!

Well Mike has been in Ft Jackson for a week now. It seems as if he's been gone forever. I've been able to talk to him everyday which has helped. He also sends me a text every morning. I love hearing from him. He is exhausted but is holding up well. Again I am amazed at his attitude. He sounds like he's finally starting to "find his way" as far as meeting people he likes. That will definitely make the year better for him. He feels his "platoon" has a very good attitude all the way around. None of them "really want to be there" but yet they have accepted their fate and are willing to get the job done and support their country. How could I not be proud of that?

As far as I go, my mood seems to be up one minute and down the next. I have a lot on my plate right now, which is good. A lot of family are in town for Brady's graduation party. Even tho I am so proud of him, I have to be honest & say I am feeling a little sorry for myself right now. I think that is normal.

I'm keeping busy but their isn't a minute that goes by that I don't think of Mike. I miss his touch, his cuddles, his smiles, his ability to put a smile on my face.

Unitl the next time....

No comments: