Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!!

I hope all the Father's are having a Great Day today! As I am typing this post I am talking to a very Special father....Yes that's right, I am chatting with Mike looking at him on his webcam and posting in my blog. Technology is great isn't it? He is actually sending his dad, brother and his cousin an email. So I thought I would post something.

Mike was given the rest of the day off, which I was glad to hear. He has been extremely busy and has not had a day off since arriving in Iraq. It was definitely a well deserved day off.

We spent most of the day on line chatting. We were also able to purchase my ticket to Omaha to visit his parents in July. Wow what a challenge...What should have taken 20 minutes at the most ended up taking over an hour. It was a pain in the A$$. I am really excited about spending time with Mike's family. I know Mike is happy and excited that I'm able to go but I also know he wants to be there so bad. It is also Jeremy's (Mike's brother) birthday as well as mine the weekend I'm going to be there so we should have a great time.

I ended up not doing much of anything today. Which was OK. I was going to go meet some friends from work at an Autocross event at Little Creek Amphib Base, but time got away from me when I was working with Mike on my tickets...Oh well, there will be another day for that.

Work was really slow last night, which made for a very long night, but I still got paid and walked out with more money than I has when I went in. The Mariners didn't play which is why it was so slow. But I still had fun...I am always saying "If you don't have fun, it's your own damn fault" and I do try to have fun in everything I do.

I just got off the phone with my girlfriend, Lisa, from Guam. I haven't talked to her in a long time. We talked for 1 1/2 hours....I miss her so much! They will be moving back to the states sometime in October 2007, so they still have a long time to go.

Since it is so late I am going to go to bed...need to get up early for work.

I love you Mike, Sweet dreams babe!!

No comments: