Saturday, June 17, 2006

Another post "Just for Mike"

I already mentioned I love the band Journey and Mike bought me a ticket to go see them July 8th and the day before he left he wanted me to hear "Faithfully". As I was listening to it (yes I found my CD and now it's in my car permanently, at least for the next year!) one day these words came to mind....so Mike this is my version of "Faithfully" I hope you enjoy it.....

Desert Run
Into the Iraqi sun
Thoughts go round and round
In my mind
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love
Along the wire

They say that deployments
Aint no place to start a relationship
Since October
Its been you and me
And lovin a military man
Aint always what its supposed to be
Oh Mike you stand by me
Im forever yours…FAITHFULLY

Military life
Gone a lot of the time
We all need our friends
To make us smile
Through space and time
Always another war
Wondering where I am
Lost without you

And being apart aint easy
On OUR love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
We get the joy of rediscovering US
Oh Mike you stand by me, Im forever yours…FAITHFULLY!
I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!

No comments: