Thursday, June 01, 2006

Just another day in Virginia Beach...

It has been one of those days. I was really busy at work, which is a good thing. The days really do seem to be flying by. The hardest thing is coming home after work. As soon as I get here I start doing something. I've got a lot to do, because I had just moved in, just before Mike received the news that he would be going to Iraq. So a lot of the house stuff was put on hold.

It seems as if summer has arrived. The humidity has been very high the last couple of days. The temperature hasn't been that bad, around 85, but with that humidity....UGH!!!! I love summer but I could do without the humidity.

When I spoke to Mike today he seemed kind of down, but when I asked him he said he was actually in a great mood. I was glad to hear that. I know he's not going to have a good day everyday but I can't help but worry. That's just me.

He did send me quite a few pictures of one of Saddam's homes. It's near the what used to be the Baghdad International Airport but it's been closed for about 3 years and serves as a military airstrip only. The "Home" is used at the Admin Office at Camp Victory.
Pretty amazing, isn't it?

Here is another of Mike inside... The chair is so big it seems to swallow him. The hardest thing for me to get used to is seeing him wear a gun. It just kills me to think that he is in a "war zone"
He also sent a picture of the tent he is staying in. Thank God it's only temporary because this doesn't look comfortable at all...His cot is the one with the white mattress on it. Someone before him had left it and he was the lucky one to get it. He at least has the AC right there. And from what I understand it has been pretty HOT. He said it got up to 115 today!! I tease him about it being dry heat and it shouldn't be that bad!! Of course I do feel a little guilty when I complain about how hot & humid it's been here.

Another weekend is upon me and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. This is kind of a hard weekend for me, because this is the first time in 5 years that I haven't gone to Dover, Delaware with my sister to watch the NASCAR race. Things change and I understand that, but we did have fun....So have one for me Sheri...I love ya!! I can't even say Go Tony, because he isn't even racing because he broke his shoulder blade....so I'll say GO #20!!!!

Good Night Mike, Sweet Dreams and I love & miss you!!!!

No comments: