Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Lucky Me!!!

My day actually started out GREAT! When I woke up @ 515 am Mike was on line...so I got to chat with him first thing...The Internet Cafe at this FOB has web cam available so he set it up and I was able to see him. When he first came up on my screen I started laughing and crying at the same time. It was such a good feeling. He looks GREAT! What surprised me the most was his eyes....they look so blue....of course he has beautiful eyes anyway, but for some reason they just look bluer than normal. Now when it's time to log off it makes it even harder. We joke about how we have got to be the worst when it comes to getting off the phone or Instant Message...we usually have to start about 15 minutes before either one of us has to go. I just can't express how awesome it was to actually see him. Technology is amazing.

I am going to post Mike's mailing address but he has suggested that you not mail anything, yet because he still is not at his final destination. Stay tuned and I will let you know when it's ok to mail. But for now here is his address:

FCC Michael Van Haren (US Navy)
HHT 1-33 CAV
3rd Brigade Team
101st Airborne Division
APO AE 09349

The weather here today is miserable. It has been raining ALL day. I was hoping I could mow the yard tonight because I'm working tomorrow night, at the Sport Plex and Friday afternoon I'm using my "Mini Day Spa" gift certificate Mike bought me for Christmas, so I'm definitely not going to want to mow Friday...It will just have to wait until Saturday.
For now...I love you Michael Glen Van Haren!!!! Thanks for being the special person you are....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is ok to send stuff right now. It will be waiting for us, if it gets there before us to the new FOB. There will be a cut-off date for sending in about 4 weeks as this Battalion will be leaving. Will let you know when the stop date is as soon as possible