Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The days are starting to fly...

I can't believe I haven't posted for two days. Sunday I have no excuse; was just lazy. I had a good time with my friends Nancy & Erin Saturday night. You know your getting old when the club your at you run into all of your sons friends! It was nice though. Actually one of the girls who is Brady's bestfriend was having her bachorlette party. Brady & Leah have been friends since they were 8 years old. They met at an all night skating party on New Years Eve. So it was nice to run into her. Her wedding is the weekend of June 23rd so he will be flying home for that. I'm glad he'll be able to make it. And of course I am glad to be able to see him.

Mike has left for his FOB today. Actually he should be on the plane right now. I pray for his safe arrival. I am so glad he is "finally" arriving at his final post. I know he is tired of living out of his sea bags and of sleeping on a cot. I didn't realize but one of the guys he has gotten to know good will be at the same FOB. They are in different battalions but at least they are on the same FOB. Mike still amazes me with his attitude. Very seldom does he have anything negative to say. He has his days, like we all do, and that is to be expected. But over all he just amazes me. I'm not so sure I could have the same attitude.

I started to post this morning but didn't have time to finish...It is now 830 pm...just got back from taking someone very special out to dinner for his birthday. It was a very nice time.

Mike emailed and called earlier to let me know he made it to his FOB...didn't realize he was going to a FOB that is not his final location. He will be at this one for a couple of weeks. We didn't have long to talk, he was extremely tired. The time difference doesn't help. It was just good to hear his voice.

I will close by saying....Good Night Mike...I do love you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I had a great time last night, thanks for everything.