Wednesday, June 28, 2006

New Friends

Notice a new link titled "Desert Periscope" top right above my profile. A Naval Submarine Officer who is about a month ahead of Mike is the one who actually inspired me to start my Blog. I started reading his shortly after Mike found out he was going to Iraq. Since he was about a month ahead of Mike his post helped me a lot. So I sent him a comment and asked him to place a link to my Blog on his and I would do the same. Since then we have corresponded through email and he seems like a very nice person. I wish him a safe return as well. He seems to have the same attitude as Mike..."Proud to serve his country, no matter what is asked of him" So take some time to read his Blog, I find it very interesting. He is actually doing the same thing as Mike, maybe someday they will get to meet.

As I said in my earlier post, I have been busy with kids and work, which is why I haven't posted. Time just seems to be slipping by. I'm not complaining by any means. I was able to have a very nice weekend with the kids.

I've received some more pictures from Mike. The first one is of his "room". Doesn't look like much and when I said something to him about it, he was like Kym, think about all the others before me. When we "our military" first got here, our troops were sleeping outside in sleeping bags on the sand. At least I do have a roof over my head with air conditioning.

But he did tell me today that he has been able to "Move-on-up" which means he has moved upstairs. This evidently is the basement. He at least has carpet, which he says is nice.

Here is a picture of his "office". I would think it would be hard to get anything done in this type of atmosphere. I don't think I would be able to concentrate. My ADHD would kick in real fast.


Doesn't his hair look great? I love it! Of course I think he's so darn cute anyway. He looks like he's having way to much fun though. Do you think he could have any more drinks in front of him? At least I know he is keeping hydrated.

Well I tried to download a couple more pictures but for some reason I am unable to. So I will post more later.

Keep the pictures coming Mike, we all enjoy seeing them.

As a side note, I will be working tomorrow at the Sports Plex. I start at two, they are sponsoring a Youth Soccer Camp and will have the stadium open for opening day ceremonies and it is an all day thing, so depending on what time and how tired I am will depend on whether or not I post tomorrow.

Good Night & Sweet Dreams Mike! I love you!

No comments: