Monday, July 31, 2006

Is it really the last day of July?

I can not believe that my birthday "month" has come & gone. It does seems as if the time is starting to fly by. I am not complaining at all.

Mike has been busy as usual. I am still not 100% sure what he's doing, but I am 100% sure that he is enjoying it and really believes in the mission. Which makes it much easier to handle being away from what is "normal" to him. Of course it is still hotter than hell everyday but I guess he's gettin acclamated because it doesn't seem to bother him as much or at least he doesn't seem to mention it as much.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but after working most of the weekend, I had a huge honey do's list. It really is bad when you have your own "honey do" list!!!! I was able to accomplish most of what was on the list except for maybe one thing. So I felt pretty good.

I even had the chance to sit and watch a movie. It seems I hardly ever have the TV on anymore. I use to watch the news all the time and now I never know whats going on. Which I guess could be a good thing, sometimes when you watch the news it is always so depressing....someone is always getting killed or something of the sort.

These are pictues of Mike's neices. I had so much fun with them when I was in Omaha. They are the smartest and cutest little girls. I was really surprised that the oldest one, Allison, actually remembered who I was. I was the girl who had the black boots, black hair and "purple eyes". I thought that was funny. I'm not sure why she thought I had purple eyes but she did. I had only met her once before Mike left so I didn't really expect her to remember me, but she did. Allison is the one on the left, Christina is the one on the right. They are the cutest kids. Like I said they are both very smart for their ages.

I would also like to share with you a very important day for me. Tomorrow I have decided to give up smoking! So as of tomorrow, I am a NON-SMOKER!!!! YEA for me. I know there are those of you out there saying, doesn't she have enough on her plate? It is a very hard thing to do. I know, I've tried many times, but it is something I really want to do and I figured when I quit, I will never have to pick another one up. So wish me luck!! I will keep you up with my progress. I have also decided to put away the money I usually spend and after a month, I will buy something I've been wanting for awhile. Not sure what that is yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out!

Carol sent this email out today and I loved it so I thought I would post it here...

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you
and share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.
If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own;
A place to find serenity,
A place to be alone.
If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
are impossible for me.
I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend who's always there.
This is a Hug Certificate!!
Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE hugs! Hugs are such a small part of life but they will always make you feel warm inside. Thanks Carol, how did you know I needed a hug, today?
Not much else is happening. Good night Mike, I love you!

No comments: