Monday, July 17, 2006

Whew...

It has been HOT here in Virginia Beach! I know Mike has it worse but none-the-less it is nasty. As soon as you walk outside it seems like your soaked. These are the days of summer I'm not so fond of. Here is a picture of Mike in his Humvee. The day he took this picture I believe it was the hottest day yet. 127 degress! I've said this a lot about all the stuff Mike is doing but I have to say it again....I just can't imagine.

He looks so serious in this picture. But doesn't he look GREAT! He looks soooo good in his uniform, do you think I'm biased???? Not me!!! Although I think he looks great in his uniform it still makes me worry because it is a reminder (not that I ever forget!) of where he is and what he's doing. I know he is proud of all he doing so that helps a lot! It makes me even more proud of him.

Mike has been extremely busy. Of course I don't know with what, but I know when we do talk of course I ask him how his day is going and he says busy as hell. At least the days are going by fast for him.

A very good friend of his, Scott, has taped a lot of Mike's favorite TV shows where he was unable to see the last episodes because he was already in training. So he's been able to catch up on some of those. He also has been sending Mike alot of DVDs of different movies.... I know Mike truley appreciates it. Thanks Scott!!

Just in case you didn't notice I've added more links at the top right of the page. Mike is a die hard Chicago Bears and University of Michigan fan, so I thought he could check out all of his favorite web sites with just a click of his mouse!!!! Kinda like one stop shopping! Of course we know this is his favorite site!!!!

I also want to point out the JCCS 1 link. This is who Mike is attached too. Look under the Bravo Zulo title. A very nice letter was sent to the CNO in reference to what our Navy Sailors are doing.

Well I'm off to do some stuff...my nights before I leave to go to Omaha are packed with all kinds of things to do. I need to get started.

Good night Mike....I love you!

No comments: