Friday, September 01, 2006

Ernesto!

Well Ernesto is making himself known. There has been a lot of flooding just south of me. We haven't even gotten the worst of it yet but it rained and the wind blew ALL night. We needed the rain but I was hoping it wouldn't be this bad. As of right now (5:20 am EST) over 18,000 people have lost electricity just in Virginia. Hopefully I don't lose mine. Richmond is flooded in many areas already. The thing is....the storm hasn't even reached us yet...per se' ...and this is just a Tropical Storm!!

The good news...the storm is supposed to be outta here this afternoon or tonight. I was concerned because this weekend is the Music Festival at the beach. There will be over 50 bands down there over the weekend. I have been looking forward to it for a while now. It is also the weekend considered "Locals take over!" Most of the tourists have left so we, the locals, take back our beach! It's a lot of fun!! I wish Mike was here, he would love it!

A couple of things of interest to me in reference to reality shows...As you know from an earlier post, I am a HUGE Survivor fan, it seems GM has pulled their sponsorship for the show....Supposedly, it has nothing to do with the way the teams are being split up this season. Another favorite is The Apprentice, Carolyn Kepcher has been given the famous words...."Your Fired" from The Donald! It seems her head got a little big with all the attention she was receiving and was not handling her duties at the Trump organization.

Brady & Jess spent the evening with me last night. We had a blast. Jessica asked to see some of Brady's baby pictures, so we sat around and laughed a lot. Of course they were being BRATS and laughing at all my hair styles and my clothes. Brady was also weirded out about how he was dressed. He was like MOM you dressed me like a dork! Which I didn't; I had to remind them....times change guys!!! We had a really nice time. Then Brady fixed dinner. I was like you don't have to but he loves to cook so he fixed us dinner. It was very good. I wish I could say he got his cooking skills from me, but I have to be honest....his father did most of the cooking while he was growing up...sooooo....he used to be shocked if I was in the kitchen cooking...he would ask, Mom is dad sick or something? LOL! Kids....gotta love em!

I wasn't planning on chatting with Mike this morning because he had a meeting to go to, but the meeting finished earlier than he thought, so we were able to....YEA!!!! He didn't have such a good day yesterday so I was VERY happy to see and hear that he is having a much better day today!

Well I need to get ready for work....have a great day everyone!

I love you Mike :)

No comments: