Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Chicago 24 - Arizona 23 - Mike's R&R Pictures

I guess I have to eat my words from yesterday's post. Da Bears did win against the Cardinals but just barely...Like all Bears fans, I'm sure, I was stunned....What in the world happened? Where was Grossman's head?....I would like to say where I think it was but I will be nice....let's just say use your imagination :) Where was the offense? I just can't believe I was watching Chicago. They have played so well. I think the biggest thing was, the team thought the Cardinals were going to be an easy team to beat....Guess again!!!

Onto something more pleasant to talk about....Mike! He finally return to FOB Speicher from his R&R. His plane had mechanical problems so they were delayed in Baghdad for a few days and as it turned out, it was basically up to them to find their own flight back.



I'm really happy he was able to go on this R&R but with the delay and all the stress that came with it; I'm not so sure it had the effect the should have had.

The images you see on TV of Iraq certainly paint a different picture in your mind....I know before Mike went, I thought it was a very ugly place. As with every where, it certainly has it's bad areas but the pictures Mike sends home are absolutely beautiful. These pictures are of Qatar, but even the past pictures he has sent of Iraq, I still find it to be amazing.

Not much else going on....I hope all is well with everyone!

I love you Mike!

No comments: