Thursday, October 26, 2006

JCCS-1 Commander's (CDR) Update

I was looking at the JCCS-1 web site and the CDR posted a new letter. I thought it was very nice and since it is to EVERYONE I thought I would post the link here.

In the letter he talks about the Ombudsman and how she started a Yahoo Chat room for the families to keep in contact. Well I have tried to find it and have not had much luck. If anyone out there knows how to find it, or if they know what the name is would you please pass on the information. That has been one of my biggest complaints during this whole deployment, not knowing anyone close who is going through the same thing. There has GOT to be other spouses out there, meaning here in Norfolk & Virginia Beach who has a Sailor in Iraq. I would appreciate any information you might have.

If you don't know what an Ombudsman is, she or he is a spouse of an active duty member attached to JCCS-1 and she or he is the liaison between the families and the Command. It can be a very rewarding position but it can also be a very thankless job. I was an Ombudsman for two of my ex-husband's commands and I loved it. For me it was always very rewarding and I loved assisting other families.

I hope everyone is doing great!

GO BLUE!!!!

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, if you want to find a support group of IA family members then you should go to the Family Service Center on base and ask if there is a IA support group.
I am on the way over now and just passing through Norfolk so I hope you can find a group to help you out.

AE1(AW)

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am the JCCS-1 ombudsman. Feel free to contact me at jenniferskitchennook@msn.com

From this point I will verify your identity in relation to JCCS-1 and send you an invite to the yahoo support group site.

Thanks,
Jennifer Hyatt