Thursday, December 28, 2006

Jingle Bell Jog 5k

I have been meaning to post this but I have been a little busy. Mike has been training with a personal trainer and because of his hard work and dedication he was able to complete the Jingle Bell Jog 5K. It was originally planned for the Saturday before Christmas but it had to be postponed because of really heavy fog. It was rescheduled for Tuesday. The good news is HE DID IT! and he did it 28:25! I am so proud of him! I know how hard he has been training. He lifts weights 4 times a week, does Hot Yoga, STEP, and does an hour on either the elliptical or treadmill. I can't wait to see him! He did send me a picture of who he says is responsible.



The woman in the picture is his personal trainer. He says she is the one that has gotten him to where he is today as far as his health and workout program.

Not much going on with me. I have been working out as well and I do feel a lot better. I unfortunately don't have a trainer who is able to give me as much attention as Mike's, but I was able to go to the base gym and talk with a trainer and he did give me a workout schedule.

I've been enjoying spending time with Brady & Jess. I swear they are the cutest couple. I know I say that all the time, but they are! I still haven't gotten a picture of them in front of the tree but they are on their way over here so maybe I will remember to do that tonight and I will be able to post it.

As far as my contract goes..........still have not heard who was awarded the contract BUT they did extend the existing one until the end of Jan....isn't the life a government contractor GREAT! Ya gotta love it!!!!

I hope all is well and everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!

1 comment:

obgirl042 said...

Noticed the new counter...going to Disney after all, eh? Have a blast! I'll write more when I return to San Diego, but wanted to thank you for your kind email about my Grandmother...I LOVE having a friend like you! Take care and have a wonderful New Years Eve!

Colleen