Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006!

Wow, I can't believe that in a little over 5 hours it's going to be 2007! Where has the time gone...

I met Mike in October 2005 and Honestly when I saw him he took my breath away! I have NEVER believed in love at first sight but let me tell you, there was something about him....so I MADE sure we met that night....we had a rocky road at first.... BUT he was and has always been upfront and honest with me....He did NOT want a commitment...and then Feb 15th 2006 happened...the day he found out about his orders to Iraq. At that point all I could think of was...........Oh My God, I am going to lose the love of my life. Luckily WE decided to "try" to make a go of it. We knew it was going to be tough...(by the time he left we had only known each other 6 months).


Here we are 7+ months into the deployment and we are still together. We have had a few tough spots but for the most part it has been (I believe) the best thing for our relationship. It has given us the opportunity to be REAL friends...we have been able to talk about stuff that I'm not sure would have come up otherwise. I am truly hoping that 2007 will be OUR year.


Brady has started his life and I have never been prouder. He and Jess seem to be doing good. She will be moving out to CA after the new year. She won't be living with him, but will be closer to him so I think that is good. I know how hard a long distance relationship can be.....

I hope EVERY one has a VERY safe and Happy New Year!

Mike, I love you!!!!

No comments: