Sunday, March 04, 2007

From Mike...

I want to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their support while I have been out here in the desert. The tour was very challenging at times, but it was also very rewarding. Knowing that I was part of a team that made a difference to the Army was and is a great feeling. I also worked with a great group of Navy personnel and several retired (or prior service) Army, Air Force and Marines. I will miss working with most of them as we really did make a great team and shared a common interest in bringing the best possible product to the Soldiers on mission.

Thank you also to everyone for the wonderful care packages that were sent out. Anything that I could not eat on my own was gladly consumed by my co-workers, so I thank you for them as well. That being said, as packages take anywhere from 5-14 days to arrive from the states, do not send any more packages to me as I might not get them, and then my co-workers that are still waiting on reliefs will need to figure out how to get them back to me.

Mike

Not much longer now...for those of you who started reading this blog from the beginning, you know Mike and I had just barley started dating...you might remember me saying "I hope we are able to survive this deployment, we both want the same outcome and that is for US to still be together in the end". At this point, I feel safe in saying...."MIKE, WE MADE IT!"

I would also like to thank everyone for their love and support. Especially to my family and to Mike's family. I couldn't have survived without them.

I also want to thank a fellow Blogger....Colleen, YOU have been a God send...even though we have never met, somehow I feel closer to you then people I see on a daily basis. My only wish is that we get to actually meet one day and of course for "your" Mike's safe return!!!! We will definitley keep in touch! Thanks for everything ;>)

I love you Mike!!!!

No comments: