Monday, May 22, 2006

Another rough day!

I took Brady to the airport for his big move to California. This was another emotional time for me. I had so many mixed emotions....Excitement, sadness, scared and many more. Even though he has been away at college, 31/2 hours is a lot different than 3000 miles....I know Brady will do fine. He is a smart kid and how can I NOT be excited for him....I wish the world could have seen the excitement in his eyes. He has his whole life ahead of him and he is going after it. Gotta be proud of that.

On my way to work, I called Carol (Mike's mother) she was the first person I thought of. I needed to hear a friendly voice and I knew she would understand. She just said goodbye to her son, (yes going to California is not going to Iraq!! but none-the-less it's still saying goodbye to your son) and of course she loves Mike....she to talked to me & I felt so much better. Thanks Carol....I really appreciate it.

I woke-up to 3 emails from Mike. He had a horrible night. The flight was horrible and the BOQ was not expecting them as they were told. When they FINALLY arrived, there were about 60 Airmen checking out, and then Mike's crew checking in (about 50 guys), with one person working the front desk!! Needless to say, tempers were high. After about 31/2 hours of waiting, Mike finally was able to check in and get the key to his room. He was able to get a few hours sleep before he had to get up, check out, and board the plane again. He was able to call me from a DSN phone....for those of you who don't know, that's a military phone line....It’s FREE!!! Mike is so smart!! I never even thought of using DSN...but because I work on a Naval base I have DSN access as well, so he can call my desk.....YEA!!!! He was concerned about me. As soon as I heard his voice I started crying....again....I haven't cried this much in a long time.....Of course that was the last thing I wanted to do, but I just got back to work from dropping Brady off. He knew it was going to be tough for me. After talking to him, I felt so much better. I know everyday will be better. Yes, of course, I'm going to have tough days, but the key is to keep busy. Which I plan on doing...

Enough for now...and as I said I'm sure now that Mike & Brady have left, my blogs will not be as long....

Mike I love you!!! Brady I love you too and I have NEVER been prouder of you. Go get em, son!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!...I know this will help to pass the days til U&Mike r together again...and keep each other close. Love you.