Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's been a long time coming.....

I've been waiting a long time for this day to arrive. The countdown has officially begun.

Mike called last night around 10:30. I was so excited to hear from him. He was letting me know he would be leaving Sig about 500 am (his time). When I woke up this morning, I realized his "feet should be in the sand"the time difference in Kuwait is 7 hours....Of course I didn't know for sure but all I had to go on was his phone call from last night. So I assumed the flight was on schedule....So we have 364 days to go!!!!

When I went to work, everyone made a comment about the smile on my face. They wanted to know what I was up too...hehehehe! When I told them why I was so happy, they were like God I hate to see you when he only had 10 days left....and they are right.

I went home for lunch & I was trying to post pictures to my blog (I'm having a very difficult time) not sure what I'm doing wrong but anyway, Mike called...and yes he confirmed "His feet are in the sand" and the countdown has begun. He was as excited as I am. While I was talking to him about it, I started crying (I know, again) and he was "baby why are you crying?" I told him they are happy tears. We've been waiting for this day since February 15th and now that it 's here it is such a good feeling. I think I made him smile.

We didn't have much time to talk, but it was so good to hear his voice. He sounded good although I could tell he was exhausted. He had already been there for about 4 hours waiting for the plane that had his seabags on it, so he could get them, get settled and get some sleep. He also said that it was 110 degrees when they landed....YIKES!!! He's hoping to find the computer cafe soon so he can send out an email but I'm sure he needed to get some much deserved rest.

Well I'm going to go play with posting photos, again....hopefully I will have one up soon!

I love you Mike!!!!

No comments: