Sunday, May 21, 2006

A rough day :<(

WOW....today was VERY hard.... I will start with my trip to Ft Jackson, NC...What a wonderful time! I am so glad I made the trip! today was tough...We had to get up at 330 am so we could get Mike to the base by 500. Our hotel room was about 1/2 hr away. The ride there was pretty quiet. I kept telling myself I wasn't going to cry....I want Mike to know I AM ok and I WILL be ok. We got there with 10 minutes to spare, so we were able to talk about some last minute things....At one point while we were saying our goodbyes, I told him I had told myself I wasn't going to cry....of course he made me crack up, because he said "why you gonna lie to yourself....?" because at that point I was crying my eyes out......Most of you probably don't get why that cracked me up but it is one of the MANY reasons I love him....his ability to put a smile on my face and to make me laugh.....When he HAD to go, I told him I wasn't going to wait for him to get on the bus but I had to pull myself together before I left...he agreed. I was still there when he came back out to turn in his linens. He came over again....YEA!!! one more hug....remember when I said one of the greatest memories for me will be when I arrived Friday and I saw him walking towards me....another memory will be watching him walk away. My heart just broke....I have NEVER felt so alone....but yet I was so proud....I called to him, he turned around and he had one of his cute smiles on his face....I went running for one more hug, one more kiss and one more I love you, you had better come home to me ....That is the hug & kiss that will get me through this next year. When I finally left, I went back to the hotel and the plan was for me to lay back down & get some sleep before I left, but by the time I got there I was ready to go....but about 2 hours into the trip, I had to pull over because I was emotionally & physically exhausted. Mike called and was really glad to hear I had pulled over. I promised him I would and I would not put myself or anyone else for that matter in danger. After that, the trip was uneventful. One more note....Saturday morning we were listening to music and talking and Mike was looking for a song on his IPod but he didn't have it...of course I asked him what it was....he was looking for "Faithful" by Journey....he knows one of my favorite bands is Journey so he knows I know the song....I was touched. But what is really weird is this, when I finally did leave the base, I was listening to another song that means a lot to both of us..."You never met a Mother blank blank like me" by Kidd Rock.....when that was over, I switched to the radio...changed the station twice and I couldn't believe my ears.....Faithful was playing...I didn't catch the whole song but OH MY GOD....I lost it....must have been fate, huh? Then I actually heard it again further up the road. I couldn't believe it.... Since Brady is leaving tomorrow, I went to his dad's to help him do his last minute packing and to spend the day with him. We had a very nice day. His girlfriend Jessica was there. Remember the attitude I got when I told Brady I was going to SC....well, I called him Friday on my way to SC and told him how I felt about his attitude. He understood where I was coming from and he apologized. He is a great kid, but I do have to remind myself....he is just that....a 22-year-old kid. But the one thing I'm thankful for is he will listen...and he will admit if he's wrong.... I'm gonna run and I promise all my day's will not be this eventful so my stories will not always be this long....until tomorrow....I will let you know how the trip to the airport goes....

No comments: