Saturday, May 20, 2006

This is it...

Well I'm in Ft. Jackson with Mike...he is packing up the last of his stuff...We have had a wonderful time. Of course I'm not surprised....we always do... we were able to spend GOOD quality time together. It seems we NEVER run out of stuff to talk about.

It was an awesome feeling when I got here. Mike looks soooo good in his uniform...When I first got to the base there were a lot of people in their uniforms. I had no idea where Mike was...I called to let him know I was on base...at the time he was in his room packing up...I had no idea which building he was in (there were quite a few), but I have a feeling my car did, because I parked right in front of his building....as I said there were a lot of people in their uniforms but I had no problem picking Mike out. I was standing in front of my car, waiting and there he was....at first I wanted to run to him, but I just stood there and saw a very proud man walking towards me....I will never forget that picture....my feet finally moved and when I got that hug...my heart melted...again....

When he was ready to leave we went to the hotel room so Mike could get cleaned up and then we went out to dinner....for those of you who know Mike best, you can probably guess what "type" of food he wanted....yep, we went to Outback Steak House....it was a very good meal. We had a fairly early night, both of us were exhausted....

Saturday, Mike had some errands he had to do, so we were up fairly early because he wanted to get all them out of the way so we would have the rest of the afternoon & evening with nothing to worry about except us....Isn't that sweet? We ended up having a very nice day...All the chiefs chipped in for food so they could have a BBQ....so we went ...I was glad I had the opportunity to meet the guys Mike's been with for the last 3 weeks, he still has no idea who he is "actually" going to be with for the next year, but he is hoping he ends up with some of the one's he's gotten to know best. I do too...they all seemed like very good guys, and all seemed so proud of what they are doing. It was very touching to see the bond that has been created already....

Well, gonna wrap this up...tomorrow is going to be a tough day, but I wouldn't have traded this weekend for a million dollars....We are so foutunate to have had this opportunity....as "My Mike" likes to say....It was PRICELESS!!!!

I love you babbaay!!!!

No comments: