Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Things like this are gonna happen...

Well Mike & I had our first tiff since he's been gone. I won't go into details but it was upsetting for both of us. What I don't understand is I asked a question and he got very defensive (my perception). We have had this issue before and I do think it has everything to do with being in a new relationship. We were able to talk it over, per se...The last thing either one of us wants is for him to go away while we're angry at each other.

Another thing we discussed is how I am feeling/doing. The best way to explain it is this...I am doing fine. Is it hard for me? Yes it is....as I was telling Mike, I'm not saying what he's doing isn't hard, God knows it is, but he is living a different life, but for me, I am still living "my" everyday life. Before he left he was staying at my house for about 1 1/2 months, so yes I got used to him being a huge part of my daily life. He's been gone now for almost three weeks & just yesterday as I was pulling into my driveway, it hit me like a ton of bricks that his car wasn't there. Why after all this time did that happen. Of course I noticed it many, many times, but I never had the reaction I did yesterday. I sat in my car and cried. The last two days "Under the Bridge" played on the radio, a song that Mike sings at Karaoke (sp?), both times I got teary eyed. I know it sounds like I'm a big cry baby..... I do miss Mike and yes this is hard, but I know it will get easier...There are many times I wonder if I should say anything to Mike because the last thing I want/need is for him to worry about me....but at the same time I think he needs to know. He knows me well enough to know, I am a strong women and he knows I will be fine. We've also been through enough deployments in our lives that we know all these feelings are "normal".

Mike seemed VERY tired last night. I think the long days are finally catching up. I get the feeling he's getting real anxious to get to his permanant assignment. I think he's ready to start the count down as well. And as I said before the countdown doesn't start until his feet are "in" the sand. By the time that happens he will have been gone almost 4 weeks. Doesn't sound like a long time now, but I have a feeling that when April rolls around next year, I'll be wishing it started the day he left Va Beach!!!

I will close by saying...I received my wake-up text. Mike is the sweetest person ever...he sends me a text every morning. It doesn't sound like a lot, but believe me...it means the world to me.....I love you Mike ;>)

No comments: