Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Yesterday was a Great Day!

Brady & I went to dinner last night.... I enjoyed spending time with him. It's going to be hard when he leaves for California. It seems everything is happening all at once. Mike leaves for Kuwait Sunday and Brady leaves for Cali Monday.

I do have reservations about Brady going to Cali, but I am so proud of him. He is living his dream. If he doesn't go now he may reqret it the rest of his life. How many of us really have the guts to go for it? Go make your mama proud, not sure I can be any prouder but I'm sure your gonna try.

Mike & I were able to have a long conversation last night. I really enjoy it even though we've talked two or three times a day (sometimes more), everyday, it seems they have been rush, rush conversations. So when we are able to "talk" it's nice. I have never been with anyone who can make laugh the way he can. He is always able to put a smile on my face. We were able to talk more calmly about our "issue" as well. The one thing I have promised myself is, if something is bothering me, I am/will bring it up. I have to. I feel it bothers Mike sometimes because I think he see's it as me not "dropping" the issue, it's not that...I just need to get whatever off my chest and I want to be with someone who 1) understands that about me and 2) will listen to what I have to say. It doesn't mean I will always get my way, but I at least hope it gives "us" a chance to discuss it. I was married for 24 years and there were so many times I kept my mouth shut, so I promised myself that when/if I was ever in another relationship I would not make the same mistake again. This is just one of those things I feel WE WILL overcome. Ok enough of that.

Today is Kelsey's 18th birthday (Mike's daughter) She is meeting me today so I can give her the present Mike left for her. She is such a sweet girl. Looking forward to seeing her.

Well need to go get ready for work. I love you Mike!!!

There are a few things that I want to mention. Mike qualified for Expert Markmanship for his 9 mm and he qualified for his M16 rifle. He qualified a few days ago but because of all the other stuff going on I forgot to mention it. I am so proud of him. I have said it many times and I will continue to say it.....His attitude just amazes me. He is doing such a good job and I know he will continue to do so.

No comments: