Thursday, May 18, 2006

Today has been weird!

First I over slept which is why I'm just now posting (3:00 pm) thought I would take a small break from work.

Last night I came up with what I thought was a GREAT idea and I thought Mike would be as excited as I was....He wasn't, well he was but at the same time he wasn't. Here's how it went......When I talked with him last night he was totally exhausted. They had their field training all day which meant a lot of walking, crawling around in the dirt and such...we didn't talk long because he was so tired. Totally understandable. He did tell me he thought they were gonna have a fairly light day Friday and probably have Sat off. While I was laying in bed, thinking of him, I thought WOW, it's only a 6 hour drive to Ft Jackson. I could do that. I jumped out of bed got on the computer started looking for hotels in the area....there is one a mile from Ft Jackson base. I was so excited I couldn't wait to tell Mike. When I went back to bed I started thinking about all the pros & cons....The only con I could come up with was, we would have to say good bye AGAIN. Even if he had stuff he had to do, at least I would get to see him one last time before he left. Anyway to make a long story short...when I told Mike this morning he said his initial thought was NO....at first I was hurt but the hurt turned into disappointment. His main concern is ME. He thinks the 6 hour ride home on Sunday would be too hard for me, emotionally. It is so sweet of him to think of me and I totally understand where he is coming from but I don't necessarily agree with him. So we left it like this....He is supposed to get a "firm" schedule this afternoon and he was going to think some more about it. It's like this...if he says he still doesn't think it's a good idea of course I won't go but I will be so disappointed. I would give anything to hold him one more time before he leaves. And yes I know he feels the same way he's just being smart.... I will let you know IF & how the trip goes.....if it even does.

I was able to take Kelsey out to lunch yesterday for her birthday. I had a really nice time. It was the first time I was able to spend time with her alone. I hope she enjoyed it as much as I did.

I also talked to Carol (Mike's mom) last night. She is becoming a very close friend fast. I love her. Her & Glen have been at Disney in Florida for about a week and a half. Jeremy, Jeanette, and the girls (Mike's brother, sister-in-law & nieces) have been there as well. Mike was supposed to go this trip, but he found out about this other trip....He figured he would get a better tan....and his flight was free....plus he is getting first class training.....hehehehe....Can't imagine where that is.....I'm just kidding....we all know how proud I am of him...............He was so disappointed he couldn't join his family in Florida.....

Well, I need to get back to work....and as always....I love you, Mike ;>)

No comments: