Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Home from Omaha!!

I can't believe I'm home already. I had the best time with Mike's family. My trip out was uneventful and was relaxing. I didn't arrive until about 1130 or so. Friday I ended up sleeping most of the day. Carol, Mike's mom works from their home so it was nice because she worked and I slept. I even ended up taking a nap in the afternoon. I guess I needed this break more than I knew. Mike was right again! We went bowling with his brother Friday night and then we went to a local hangout "LB's" for a few drinks. We had a very nice time. Saturday we hung out at the house and Jeremy (Mike's brother & sister-in-law), Jeanette and the girls came over for the afternoon, again it was a very nice time. I ended up going to bed early, again! For whatever reason I was tired the first two days there. It didn't help either that I got an ear infection!!!! Ouch! But luckily Carol had some ear drops! Sunday was Jeremy's birthday so we went over to their house for a cook-out, cake and ice cream. We played a couple of board games, what fun! I miss doing stuff like that with family, friends or whoever. Monday, Carol was working again and I sat on the deck most of the day and read a book. I did have Beautiful weather the entire time I was out there. Monday night, Carol had a golfing event to attend so I went with her and then we had a 1 hour massage!!!! It was another birthday present! I have gotten so spoiled with all these massages! I love them. They are wonderful. I also received flowers, a coffee mug, a stuffed bear and a Happy Birthday balloon from Mike.


I was so surprised! Even though he is Iraq, he definitely made this birthday a VERY special one. Thanks Mike, I appreciate EVERY thing you did to make it a birthday I won't EVER forget!!

My flight home was not so uneventful! My flight was supposed to leave Omaha at 400 pm, it left an hour late because of mechanical problems. I was flying through Houston which I arrived an hour late, but I was fortunate I didn't miss my flight, because all flights were late because of weather. Ok that's not so bad, it gave me a chance to grab something to eat, relax without having to rush. Well I ended up leaving two hours later. The plane arrived and we were all set to board well, I guess one member of the crew did not show up and then that plane had mechanical problems, so they got another plane up to the gate, the crew member arrived and then....we're all set to go...NOT so fast, more mechanical problems. At this point I didn't know if I wanted to leave Houston especially on a plane!!!! I finally arrived at Norfolk Airport 2 hours late. Needless to say I was exhausted! It was nice though because as soon as I arrived and turned my phone on, Mike was online and was texting me. So I talked to him all the way home. He is such a sweetheart. It was a GREAT ending to a WONDERFUL vacation! Thanks Carol & Glen for everything! I'm so glad we had the chance to get to know each other better!

Mike is doing GREAT! He sounds wonderful. He sent me a picture of his new ride. We call it his Redneck Humvee. (I don't mean to offend anyone!) It looks like a humvee with a camper on the back. I know it's better than walking but I couldn't help laughing when I saw the picture! Well I was going to post the picture, but once again I am unable to. I don't understand why I have so much trouble some times. I will post it as soon as I'm able, you have got to see this!!! Yes Mike I am laughing at your ride!!! Babe I am so happy you have it, but it is funny!

I want to take the time to thank everyone who has been reading this blog. I am surprised at how many people have been reading it and it seems from all over the country. It even seems I have a "fan" from Guam!!!! Hi Lisa!!!! I miss you girl! And if your from Guam reading this and your not Lisa, I apologize. The only thing I wish is that everyone would sign my guest book and maybe let me know what your interest is in reading. I'm just curious. I will not use any information for anything other than this blog.

I have a very busy week ahead of me. I am working tomorrow night, Friday and Saturday nights and I am starting to volunteer for the Special Olympics. I have been interested in volunteering for a long time and I figured there isn't anytime like the present and yes it will be one more thing to keep me busy for the next year!

I will do my best to post over the next several days.

I love you Mike!

No comments: