Thursday, August 03, 2006

Another New Location...

Well, Mike has traveled yet again to another FOB. He is now at FOB Sykes. As far as I know it is North of FOB Speicher. As far as we know now he will only be at this FOB for a short "visit" and then he is supposed to go back to Speicher.....but of course all this can change. He was able to call when he arrived so I would know he arrived safe & sound. I ALWAYS worry about him when he is traveling "outside" of the wire.

He isn't very happy with the conditions of this FOB. He is sharing a very small room with 2 other guys and they have cots instead of beds. He is going to meet up with one of the guys he went through training with, Pat, who is actually located there, tomorrow and hopefully will find out that it isn't as bad as his first impression. Each FOB has it's own rules and regulations so he never knows what to expect when he goes to a new one. I just hope he doesn't have to be there long. They at least deserve a bed to sleep in. He said he will take pictures of the CHU's and forward. When I talked to him, he was very tired, it was 1200 (midnight) his time and he had been up all day working at Speicher before he left. I'm hoping he will be able to get a good nights rest, I doubt it though sleeping on a cot.

Even though his first impression wasn't great, he still has an amazing attitude. I was the one who was getting upset and frustrated. He's like Kym, "it is what it is" and I will be alright. I just get upset when I think of him there let alone, having to live under those conditions. He does have to remind me every now and then...he is proud of what he is doing and he wouldn't change a thing. I've got to respect that.

Not much else to report. I will post more tomorrow hopefully with some pictures.

I love you Mike...please stay safe!!!!

No comments: