Monday, August 14, 2006

Has it really been since Thursday?

I can't believe the last time I posted was Thursday. I can't even say I've done a whole lot. The time is just flying by though.

Friday I hooked up with some friends I haven't seen in forever and I had a really nice time. It was one of those times where you didn't plan on doing anything but yet it turned into a very nice relaxing evening. Saturday I don't think I did much of anything all day. I did go out Saturday night and met up with some different friends. Again I had a nice time. Sunday I had a few surprises. I had a secret visitor (Mike you know who I'm talking about!) who I truly enjoyed. I also was mowing, weeding the yard and had one of those days when nothing would work. I was almost done mowing when the lawn mower decided it didn't want to keep running, then the weed eater decided it wanted to keep getting tangled up. I was finally able to finish though. While I was messing with all that, Mike was trying to get in touch with me. He moved to yet another FOB...he is now at FOB Nimur...I have no idea where it is, but it's not that far from FOB Sykes because it only took an hour or so to get there. I did hear from him a couple of times today so he is okay, tired but ok, thank God!! He didn't even know he was going until the last minute so he only had a few hours to get ready and then he only had a few hours sleep before they headed out. I know he has to do this, but I will never get used to the idea....I can't help but worry about him when he's outside the wire. He keeps telling me he's safe and I do believe that, but I still can't help but worry.

Work has been CRAZY....when I get home I am so mentally exhausted. I have found that since I'm not smoking I don't get or take as many breaks so it seems as if I'm at my desk sitting in front of a computer staring at Excel spreadsheets all day. No wonder I have a headache...I've been busy working on my resume for the "jobs" I talked about in an earlier post. Thats one good thing about being a contractor...you have to keep your resume up-to-date all the time.

Well not much else has happened. Mike sent me a book he read, The Twelfth Card, by Jeffrey Deaver...He loved the book and I can see why, it is really good. It's been a long time since I've read a book where I don't want to put it down. So I'm gonna go read for a bit.

I hope all is well with everyone!

I LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!

No comments: