Tuesday, August 15, 2006

That time of year...

This is the time of year that my allergies kick in and boy are they kicking in today. I have been sneezing all day, my eyes have been watering all day and I just generally feel like crap. The bad thing is I don't react well to allergy medicines so I usually just suffer through it.

It is 645 pm (230 am, Iraq time) and I just got off the phone with Mike. I was really surprised because I knew at FOB Nimur there were no phones available to call back to the states, but the reason he was able to call is... he's back at FOB Sykes. He's getting hard to keep track of!! Just before all that happened, he was told he had to pack up and move out of the room he had been staying in, so he moved all his stuff to a tent, was unpacking and then was told to pack all his stuff again because he was going back to Sykes....At least he made it safely. He had about 1 hour before he left so he didn't really have to rush. He did make it back to Sykes just in time to get a mid-night snack, which is good because he was hungry. FOB Nimur only served meals twice a day, which I find VERY hard to believe. Our guys need to be able to eat at least three meals a day. At least he wasn't there very long but I do feel bad for the guys who are there on a regular basis. Mike's not sure why that FOB is different and I'm sure they have their reasons, but to me it just doesn't seem right.

We have had some beautiful weather for August. It's been warm, in the 90's but no humidity. This morning when I walked out of the house, I swear it felt like a fall morning. Very unusual for August in Virginia. Besides my allergies, I am NOT complaining!!

I haven't talked to Brady in about a week. He must be really busy. I have called a few times and he is on a "set" and is unable to talk, so I know he's ok. It just seems weird is all. He will be home over Labor Day weekend. I am so excited to see him. I'm sure the next time I see him will be Christmas.

Well gonna go relax and read. Hopefully my allergies aren't as bad tomorrow.

Good Night Mike, I LOVE YOU!!

No comments: