Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's a wonderful day!

I woke up this morning with a call from Mike! It was such a nice surprise! We try to chat every morning before I go to work but hearing his voice as I woke up was so nice. The hardest thing for me right now is not having the human contact. I am fortunate because I have lots of friends who give me daily hugs, (anyone who knows me, knows I live for hugs), it's just not the same! I miss my babe!

I have been meaning to post this link since I first started this blog. It's a site called Hero Bracelets. I have one for Mike that I have been wearing since before he left. I don't take it off. It's amazing the comments I get on it. I met my neighbor this past weekend (while I was fighting with all the lawn equipment, I think he felt sorry for me or either that he was laughing his ass off at me!!!!) and after he introduced himself, his very next comment was "I love your bracelet!" He has one from the Vietnam War. Most people think of the bracelets from that era representing MIA's or solider's who were lost. Hero Bracelets have bracelets for those "proudly" serving in today's war and much more. A LCDR who was stationed at the command I work at was IA'd and before he left I was telling him about it and he ordered one for his wife and he said she was so excited to receive it. It's just a little thing, but yet it lets us back at home show how proud of our "Sailders"! Keep up all the good work and continue to show your pride in serving your country and continue making all of the Navy proud of your dedication and service!!!!

I finally received a call from Brady last night. He must have felt the vibes! As I guessed he has been very busy. I am so proud of him...he continues to love what he is doing, which is a good thing. Not everyone can say they really enjoy getting up and going to work everyday. I know I have many days where I wish I would win the lottery!!!!

Speaking of work, I do need to go get ready for another day at the office. It just keeps getting crazier and crazier....We are fast approaching the end of the fiscal year and in the government, it is a crazy time. Especially when your job is working the finances!!!!

Have a great day!!!! I LOVE YOU Mike!!!!

No comments: