Tuesday, September 05, 2006

American Music Fest, part 2

As you know from my previous post , I was unable to post some pictures. I was finally able to, so please take a look.

We had a GREAT time! We saw 3 Doors Down....they were awesome. Brady came out with some of his friends. Of course he's the one with his tongue sticking out...I'm not sure why they had their sunglasses on, but it was funny because I turned around and when I saw they had them on, I put mine on and they thought is was the coolest thing ever. I guess they still haven't realized, it doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be cool. No really, I feel very fortunate, all of Brady's friends are very nice kids and I get along with all of them.


Here is a picture of the band.....you can also see how close we were able to get to the stage.


This is a picture taken of Brady & I earlier in the day. We could not have asked for a prettier day, especially after the weather we had Friday with Ernesto. As you can see by my hair the wind was blowing off the water, but it made for a perfect setting. The only person missing was Mike.


I can't wait until next year. My sister and I have already decided to get a room on the boardwalk, so we don't have to worry about driving home after the concerts. If you ever want to have a vacation in Virginia Beach, this is the weekend. You really can't beat it. This year they had 50 bands and if you buy your ticket ahead of time, you pay $30.00 for the entire weekend. Yes you get to see all the bands, well all the ones you can get to. The biggest stage is the one we were at, it's called the 5th street stage and the furthest one from that is the 31st street stage. So it's quite a hike and if you only have 30 minutes between bands you would almost have to run...I'm sure it's been done, just not by me!!! Anyway it's a good time, I would highly recommend it for anyone.

I was able to chat with Mike over the weekend as well. He is still having trouble getting the new group to work with him or I should say getting the new group to get his computer up & running so he is able to work. He is on them every day and it seems they have a different reason on a daily basis. I know he wishes he could get going and do what he was sent there to do.

Well not much more to report. It seems as if "blogger" has been fixed. I sure hope so I tried posting yesterday, but I wasn't even able to log on. Keep your fingers crossed.

I love you and miss you so much Mike!

No comments: